IT managers and system managers know the ins and outs of technology as they work continuously and repeatedly over long periods to keep up with the latest trend. Hence, to some of these people, IT governance might seem like an extra chore however this comes with many benefits such as:
- Gaining sales from customers or partners can be tricky and is never easy however going the extra mile to implement IT governance affirms that you mean business.
- Managing your risks doesn’t come on its own, it requires a working environment to be studied where a standardized process has been implemented. IT governance assists in managing and keeping track in a controlled experiment-oriented environment.
- To assure you’re complying with rules and regulations so you can reduce or eliminate any vulnerability.
- To give the IT department additional time so they can give precedence to their projects better as IT governance better aligns them with the company’s overall objectives.
- To enhance the performance of IT departments by optimizing their unnecessary processes thus getting rid of cumbersome tasks.